Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

                                                                                                                             September 2, 2014
Hello hello!
  So last week was one of the best proselyting weeks I have had in a long time! It feels so good to finally start teaching new investigators who really do want to know about the restored Gospel and are looking for truth. It never fails to amaze me how powerful the spirit is when you teach the first lesson of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That message just means SO much! We are teaching this guy who is so prepared it's ridiculous! He is a huge scouter! He actually works for the Boy Scouts full time. He's like a district executive or something like that idk so he has been in just about every church building in ABQ meeting with stake presidents and stuff like that haha so he has been involved with lots of members. Also during the summer he is the camp director over a scout camp and our stake had girls camp there and he meet lots of people from our stake. Turns out he lives in our stake and is a YSA. The members did a wonderful job of inviting him to come to church and take the lessons and we just had one of the most spiritual lessons with him. Its just so exciting when people want to learn and accept commitments from us and actually do them with real intent! Its so amazing. 
  So we had two investigators at church on Sunday and both are progressing well :) This is the first time since I've been in this zone for the last 6 months that the YSA has had investigators at church! So everyone is super pumped!!!!!
   Today we are going up to a reservation called Acoma. They are having their feast day so they make a bunch a food and people come eat for free but you're supposed to bring stuff with you. Its open to the public, I guess, so the Elders out there wanted us all to come and support it hoping it will help out with the work. So the assistants will be picking us all up in the transfer van and we will be heading out here pretty soon! Should be fun. I guess its in sky city which isnt open to the public and if you want to go a native has to take you so its a pretty special opportunity that we have! Well I love you all and thanks so much for the support!!!!
Love Elder Espinoza 

Our Zone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment