Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

#makeitaclaudineday

09/09/14
So last week was pretty awesome! Going up to Sky City was a great experience. Definitely a one in a life time chance for me to go up there. Too bad we couldn't take any pictures though!!!
Last week was also another one of great success and many spiritual experiences! We had our mission leadership council again and it was all about raising the bar and our level of consecration. We also talked about not being apathetic or complacent. I think this is really what our mission needed to hear and I know I benefited from it greatly! Our zone training the next day was also just as spiritual. I think Elder Taylor and I work great together for this zone! We are hoping to see lots of miracles come from raising our bar to the Lords bar. So last week we had some awesome spiritual lessons with our investigators and both came to church and are progressing really well! One has a baptismal date for the 27th of September! She really is just so solid its amazing! Her parents aren't very fond of it but she says they won't stop her from doing it. She is so goal driven and really wants to learn truth and do the right things its amazing to meet young people my age who really strive to just be good people and do the right things. We are hoping that our other investigator sets a date with us for baptism. He has been coming to church for over a month now but 3 of those weeks was in my old family ward! He also is a wonderful guy! In our last lesson we were talking about coincidences and the days he used to believe in them or wasn't sure but now he doesn't anymore cause he doesn't think its a coincidence that he has been around the church for so long and keep getting lead back to it. So we are just having the best time teaching people! Missionary work is the greatest thing ever honestly!
So two years ago today my companions mother passed away. Last night he told me all about it and how wonderful she is and I honestly can not wait till the day that I get to meet her! I definitely know without a shadow of a doubt she is in the spirit world working hard with us and supporting us in our work. :) So every year on the 9th of September my companions family and friends do this thing in honor of his mother cause she was just a wonderful woman full of service. I think they do it on instagram or something but on the 9th of September they look for service as much as possible and then take pic of it I think and say #makeitaclaudineday. So I would invite all of you to make today or whenever you read this a #makeitaclaudineday and look for opportunities to serve in honor of my companions mother. Also, this is an amazing opportunity to share the gospel with people and tell them why we serve our brothers and sisters, it is all cause of the Savior and His atoning sacrifice that makes EVERYTHING possible.
Love you all and hope you have a great week :)
Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment